Former NBA great and TNT analyst Charles Barkley says he is in self-quarantine and awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test after falling ill on a trip to New York City earlier this week.
The 57-year-old said he was not feeling well when he got back to Atlanta and was told by doctors to quarantine himself for 48 hours. He took a test for the coronavirus Thursday afternoon, but has not received the results yet.
“I haven’t been feeling great and they didn’t want me to take any chances,” Barkley told Ernie Johnson Jr. via the phone on a special edition of NBA on TNT. “So they told me to quarantine myself for the next 48 hours. I went and took the coronavirus test late this afternoon. I have not gotten the results back.”
“I’m just kinda in limbo right now. I’m really hoping it was just a bug.”
NBA commissioner Adam Silver said later Thursday that the league’s hiatus over COVID-19 will last “at least 30 days” after Utah Jazz centre Rudy Gobert tested positive for coronavirus along with teammate Donovan Mitchell.