Report: Chandler opts out of NBA restart, Anderson takes spot with Nets

Brooklyn Nets forward Wilson Chandler has informed his team that he is opting out of the NBA’s return to play in Florida, citing the well-being of his family, according to ESPN‘s Malika Andrews.

“As difficult as it will be to not be with my teammates, the health and well-being of my family has to come first,” Wilson said, per ESPN.

“Thank you to the Nets organization for understanding and supporting me in this decision, and I will be watching and rooting for our team in Orlando.”

Earlier this week, the league finalized its plan to resume the 2019-20 campaign at the Disney campus near Orlando, Fla., in less than two weeks.

Chandler, 32, is an 11-year NBA vet, who was averaging 5.9 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.1 assists on 40. 4 per cent shooting before the NBA hit pause on the season amid the novel coronavirus pandemic on March 11.

ESPN‘s Adrian Wojnarowski reports that free agent small forward Justin Anderson is taking Chandler’s spot and signing with the Nets.

The 26-year-old suited up in three games for Brooklyn earlier this year. He is a former first-round pick of the Dallas Mavericks (21st overall in 2015).

Source link

Next Post

MLS says 18 players, 6 club staff tested positive for COVID-19 since June 4

Mon Jun 29 , 2020
Major League Soccer announced on Sunday that 18 players and six club staff members have tested positive for COVID-19 since June 4. A total of 668 players have been tested since that date. Full team training began on June 4 as teams prepare for the MLS is Back Tournament at […]